ANAESTHESIA SERVICES AT CHILDREN HOSPITAL & MCH CENTER
Anaesthesia services in The Children Hospital were commissioned in 1987. Up to 2003, 56614 patients have been provided anaesthesia services; graphic depiction of 17 years' workload is shown below. The Children Hospital PIMS is 205-bedded hospital. We operate 4 operating tables where elective as well as emergency anesthesia services are provided for newborn to 12-year-old patients. Correction of congenital anomalies constitutes our major workload.
There is an 8-bedded Pediatric Intensive Care Unit equipped with highly sophisticated ventilators and monitors for patient monitoring and resuscitation
In 1999, 125-bedded Mother & Child Health Center was commissioned having 4 operation theatres. It was started from one operation table per week and soon achieved the target of four operation tables four days a week along with emergency anesthesia services round-the-clock. Epidural service for painless labor is also available. Anesthesia service for a total number of 9585 patients has been carried out in 5 years.
Human Resources and Infra structure:
1. Dr. M. Iqbal Memon, MCPS, FCPS,,Associate Professor/Anaesthetist
2. Dr. Shahid Amin Hyder, MCPS, DA, Anaesthetist
3. Dr. Shahid Ali, MCPS, Associate Anaesthetist
4. Dr. Rehmat Ali, MCPS, Associate Anaesthetist
5. Dr. Shoaib Haider, MCPS, FCPS, Assistant Professor
6. Dr. Akhtar Afzal Subzwari, Assistant Anaesthetist
7. Dr. Majeed Afzal, Assistant Anaesthetist
8. Dr. Sohail Hassan, Assistant Anaesthetist