Heade Of Department: Dr. Arif Kahn (Associate Professor).
Department of ophthalmology is one of the active and busy department of the hospital and of twin cities it is offering both primary and tertiary facilities to large area covering northern territories and AzadKashmir.
- Phaco emulsification surgery of cataract other surgeries include glaucoma lid & Retinal detachment surgeries.
- Fundus Flourescien Angiography .
- Color Fundus Photography.
- Diabetic laser eye treatment.
- Opthalmic diagnostic ultra sound.
- Visual field- analysis.
- automated computerized refraction.
- Corneal Pachymetry
Main features are as below:
- Daily outpatient services with consultations of 120 to 150 patient.
- 24 hours emergency service.
- Option of in-patients treatment of up to 30 patients.
- Independent children and pediatric Ophthalmology services four- year trainingProgram For post graduate doctors.
Future Plans For Development
To develop institute laid down in PC-I of Islamabad hospital (IH), PIMS. Subspecialties like Vitreoretina, cornea, Oculoplasty, pediatric ophthalmology and Community ophthalmology shall be developed to cope with the load of patients and bring the institute at par with other centers of excellent existing in the country.
- Dr. Ashok Kumar FCPS
- Arif Khan FCPS
- Inayat Ullah Khan Do, FCPS