The Department has been providing excellent training facilities to the trainee Anaesthetists. More than 25 FCPS and more than 40 MCPS residents have been trained in this department and most of them have qualified the examination. In addition postgraduate training is also imparted to Nurse Anaesthetist and Medical Technologist for various diplomas.
- Postgraduate training programme for F.C.P.S-II and MCPS examination of College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Postgraduate training programme for Nurse Anaesthetists.
- Postgraduate programme for students of Medical Technology.
- Intensive courses for FCPS/MCPS students at National level.
- Pain Clinic: We look forward to established pain management services on regular bases in this hospital.
- Cardiac Anaesthesia: In the coming years the cardiac surgery in this hospital is also planned. This is going to be another responsibility of Anaesthesia department and post surgical cardiac care is also anticipated.
We also provide training facilities for doctors and nurses in pediatric anesthesia. Many a medical and nursing staff members achieved postgraduate qualification during their course of service in our unit. Knowledge and skill of the faculty members, clinical and paramedical staff was continuously updated through manpower exchange and training programs via PIMS and renowned centers in U.K. and Japan. Academic and research activities have been a major area of our interest. We arrange clinical meetings, lectures and seminars and also publish research papers and case reports in reputed medical journals. Our dedicated teaching faculty has produced a number of specialists in anaesthesia and others are in the process of completing their tenure of training.