Department of Anesthesia (Services)
Anaesthesia services in The Children Hospital were commissioned in 1987. Up to 2003, 56614 patients have been provided anaesthesia services; graphic depiction of 17 years' workload is shown below. The Children Hospital PIMS is 205-bedded hospital. We operate 4 operating tables where elective as well as emergency anesthesia services are provided for newborn to 12-year-old patients. Correction of congenital anomalies constitutes our major workload.
There is an 8-bedded Pediatric Intensive Care Unit equipped with highly sophisticated ventilators and monitors for patient monitoring and resuscitation
In 1999, 125-bedded Mother & Child Health Center was commissioned having 4 operation theatres. It was started from one operation table per week and soon achieved the target of four operation tables four days a week along with emergency anesthesia services round-the-clock. Epidural service for painless labor is also available. Anesthesia service for a total number of 9585 patients has been carried out in 5 years.
Human Resources and Infra structure:
- Dr. M. Iqbal Memon, MCPS, FCPS,,Associate Professor/Anaesthetist
- Dr. Shahid Amin Hyder, MCPS, DA, Anaesthetist
- Dr. Shahid Ali, MCPS, Associate Anaesthetist
- Dr. Rehmat Ali, MCPS, Associate Anaesthetist
- Dr. Shoaib Haider, MCPS, FCPS, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Akhtar Afzal Subzwari, Assistant Anaesthetist
- Dr. Majeed Afzal, Assistant Anaesthetist
- Dr. Sohail Hassan, Assistant Anaesthetist